Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How I Read

As can be inferred from the left-hand "About Me" panel, I am a full-time student.  Many people ask me how I have the time to read.  Here is the answer: I make the time.  Yes, I may go to sleep a little later, move constantly in a groggy state of mind and body, but I still find the energy to get everything done that I need to do.  Public transportation is my chosen travel mode, and it's a mixed blessing: I get to read or sleep, but it takes longer so I wake earlier and retire late.  Reading books of my own choosing keep me from going nutty from reading long textbook chapters and bright webpages for classes.  I wouldn't even consider my reading habits to be an "escape" method: it is something I do and it is part of who I am.  I may occasionally read something to "escape" from the stresses of daily life (I apologize for the cliche), but my primary objective is to learn something, whatever it might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment